Lymm Festival brings the Christmas Cheer!
Tis the season to be jolly! And what a fantastically festive collection of events Lymm Festival has lined up to get us all in that merry mood! So as the weather turns colder, and the nights draw longer, keep these Christmassy occasions in mind to help warm your cockles!
Comedy Night at The Spread – Fri 26th Nov, 8.00pm
Always a fab evening of entertainment, The Spread Eagle will be hosting one of the most established events of Lymm Festival...The Comedy Night. With a side-splitting line up of three excellent acts including Stephanie Davies, Jane Hill, Patrick Devine and our compere for the evening, Okse. It’ll be a great evening of pre-Christmas crack not to be missed! Tickets go on sale at The Spread from 1st November and are priced at £10 each.
Ladies Christmas Shopping and Pamper Evening at Lymm Golf Club – Wed 1st Dec, 5-10pm
Ladies of Lymm, we bring to you the perfect opportunity to make a dent in your Christmas shopping. With a massive selection of fashion, gifts, cards and treats on sale from approximately 19 stalls of mostly local Lymm based businesses, there’s something to find for everyone. Whether it’s household, art, children’s toys or accessories there’s heaps of goodies to mooch through. There’s some tasty treat available too from decorated cupcakes to chutneys. After all that shopping why not treat yourself to a spot of pampering with a relaxing hand massage, get your nails and toes painted, catch up with the girls over a glass of wine from the bar, or treat yourself to a henna tattoo! Catching up with girl friends and doing the Christmas shopping has never been so easy. Free admission with donations welcome and a charity raffle, all money raised goes to Motor Neurone Disease Association Charity.
The majority of the stall holders are Lymm based businesses (or have a connection with the area). Confirmed stalls (currently) are:
- MNDA Christmas Cards
- Lymm Ladies Naked Charity Calendar
- Lymm Festival Winter Warmer event details & tickets on sale (Winters Tale & Salsa Night)
- Diana Bird – gorgeous Fashion Jewellery Tatturiam Lymm’s very own Tattoo & Piercing Studio
- Arches – wonderful bags, scarves & accessories
- Jackie Marshall local artist showing her etchings, paintings, prints & miniature shop windows
- Christmas Wreaths by Coriander – personalised decorations
- Picket Fence Bakery yummy American style cupcakes and goodies!
- Edgar Art & Framing – unique range of art and gifts
- Andrew Collier Photography – a great family gift, a lifestyle portrait
- Puure Lingerie & nightwear – treat yourself to some nice underwear
- The Naked Mannequin - fabulous fashion wear from the retailer at 6 The Cross, Lymm
- JoBo Creations – beautiful driftwood and wire creations
- S&R Jones – delicious homemade preserves from Dunham
- Beauty Unlymmted – have your nails (hands or toes) painted or a relaxing hand massage
- Aloe Vera – discover the benefits of Aloe Vera – a range of health & beauty products
- Paris Bags – amazing bags from France
- Fired Contemporary Glass – beautiful glass gifts
Raffle prizes donated by stall holders and thanks to The Sweet Shop in Lymm for their contribution
Many thanks to Lymm Golf Club for their help and support in putting this event on.
Winter Tale at Lymm Youth and Community Centre – Tue 7th Dec
Observe Lymm’s very own Winter Tale with a showing of the film created by Alan Williams, featuring archive and contemporary footage of Lymm at Christmas time and in the grip of winter. We may have thought our last winter was hard but see how the locals enjoyed skating on the Dam more than 50 years ago! Lymm historian Joe Griffiths will be there presenting some insights into past Christmases and will be sharing a fantastic display of photographs. If you have any of your own memorabilia please bring it along too as I’m sure everyone would love to see it. Tickets £7.50 (£5.00 concs) from Lymm Electric, Rush Green Service Station or the Youth Club (open on Sundays). Organised by the Lymm Youth and Community Centre, proceeds will be shared with the Lymm Festival.
Salsa Night at Lymm Golf Club – Fri 28th Jan, 7:30pm
Grab your dancing shoes and get ready to dance the night away with the Salsa Night at Lymm Golf Club. Learn how to Salsa with the experts and tickle your taste buds with some tasty tapas at this fun filled evening of great music and even better company. Tickets cost £15 (limited places) and are on sale now from Helen on 07903 727 750.
Comedy Night at The Spread – Fri 25th Feb, 8.00pm
Shake off those February chills with a night of laughs at The Spread Eagles Comedy Night. The giggle guaranteed line up includes Steve Day, Dominic Elliott-Spencer and Curtis Threadgold with Dan Smith as compere for the evening. Tickets go on sale at The Spread from 1st Feb and are priced at £10 each.
Comedy Night at The Spread – Fri 25th March, 8.00pm
The last of the Winter Warmer Comedy Nights, promising to be an absolute knock out of an evening not to be missed! Providing laughter my the minute, the line up includes Dave Williams, Andrew Ryan and Chris Turner, all kept in order by compere Phil Chapman. Tickets go on sale at The Spread from 1st March and are priced at £10 each.