Lymm Village Hall Playgroup Easter Eggstravaganza
The Good Eggs of Lymm Competition
The Lymm Village Hall Playgroup is launching the "Good Eggs of Lymm" Competition which it hopes will become another one of Lymm's fine traditions in bringing together the whole community and having some fun along the way. It will also raise much needed funds for the Playgroup which operates as a charity and is hugely reliant on fundraising.
The essence of the competition is that local traders, businesses, clubs, schools and individuals will buy a Good Egg from us (£25 an egg) and decorate it in their own brand and colours. Schools, pre-schools and churches will be given eggs free to reinforce our wish that this initiative will bring the community together. Leading up to Easter, the participants will be encouraged to display their Eggs in their shops and businesses and villagers are encouraged to view them. In the final week, all of the Good Eggs will be displayed in Sainsbury's for people to vote for their favourite "Good Egg of Lymm". A trophy will be awarded to the Good Egg with the most votes.
We really hope that this will prove to be a great fun event for everyone and will promote all the community spirited Good Eggs of Lymm as well as raise some money for the Playgroup. We are so grateful for the support that the people of Lymm give us and really hope that this will provide everyone with some fun.
Important dates for participants
- Good Eggs to start displaying eggs by 19th March – encourage people to vote for your egg/ local publicity will encourage people to look out for the eggs in the various businesses.
- All Good Eggs to get eggs to Sainsbury’s on 2nd April (between 9-12) for display.
- Eggs displayed from Monday 2nd to Thursday 5th April in Sainsbury's.
- On Thursday 5th April, voting closes at 5pm. Votes will be counted and the winner contacted that night.
- Friday 6th April (Good Friday) will see the presentation of the trophy in the village centre.