The Lymm.com Photographic Competition
Enter the first ever Lymm.com Photographic Competition for a chance to WIN £100 CASH!
Photographic Competition Rules
- The subject for the second Lymm.com Photographic Competition is Lymm, 'Summer Nights'. The theme is open to individual interpretation but entries must have Lymm at their heart.
- Entrants can submit up to three photos, to be sent digitally via email, in colour or black and white.
- Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc, but not manipulate the content. Lymm.com reserves the right to exclude any image we believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
- The competition is open to anyone, even if you live outside Lymm.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers and, for the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes their living from the sale of their photographs.
- Entries should be marked with name, address, contact telephone number (both daytime and evening) and where the photo was taken.
- Email entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date for submissions is midnight, August 31st 2010.
- All entries will be judged by a panel 4 judges. The judges will select a shortlist of photographs (the 'Finalists') which, in their opinion, best illustrate the theme of the competition. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality and interpretation of the brief.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
- Entrants whose photographs are one of the Finalists grant Lymm.com the rights to publish and exhibit their photographs on Lymm.com or in any other media. Entrants whose photographs are one of the Finalists also agree to take part in post-competition publicity.
For some inspiration why not check out the Lymm.com Gallery?
Get snapping and Best of Luck!